I picked up this dress from a vintage shop in Kensington Market in Toronto earlier this year. I only got around to altering it recently, and it ended up being a bigger task than I anticipated. Initially, the dress had an additional asymmetrical sheer black layer underneath, but I had cut it out before I got around to taking the "before" shot.
I thought a little cropping to straighten the bottom hem was enough to make the dress wearable for me, but the sleeves were still a bit too puffy for my liking. I trimmed the sleeves down significantly and tucked in the excess fabric, and now it's as though I have a whole new dress!